Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Birth Order

Due to complications in my family I am both an only child and the youngest. My mom adopted me when I was young and I was raised not sharing my mom. When I was two, almost three we moved into a house with my aunt and her cousin and than I became the youngest and had to share toys with my new "big brother".

In strengths I learned perseverance and if I want something I'll keep trying and if I fall, I'll get back up. My weakness is in people's skill if I am put in a large group but in a small group, I'll do fine. Another weakness is school academics, I'm creative but not gifted in many art fields, but I am gifted in writing or so I've heard. I like to help people and speak in front of people, if I know the facts and I do like the attention on me only sometimes when I feel like it.

I grew up with my cousin for about sixteen years in the same house. When we were little we fought over toys and games, we shared and played together. We had a normal "sibling" relationship. My cousin has made me the baby in the family in which if he bothers me, I go straight to mom or my aunt. Now that we are older, he doesn't tease me anymore. But I've seen the mistakes that my cousin has made and I've been able to prevent those from happening to me. It makes me want to do better than my cousin. I want to be the child that my parents speak about because during 11th grade all I heard was about my cousin going off to college and this and that and nothing about me. So I found ways to make my parents talk about me or even get notice in school.

The research about birth order is somewhat true. I would say I take more risks than my cousin, I'm creative, and I'm the "baby" in the family. But because I don't have to share my mother, I also fall into the "only child" category and there are somethings in that category that fit me. But I believe it also depends on the age difference between siblings. But my mom has made me spoil, but I don't take advantage of that and my mom always pays attention to me, just like my aunt mostly pays attention to my cousin. But when we got into fights and only one parent was home, they would usually find out what was wrong and usually sided with me. But we never had to share our mothers with anyone and they pay only attention to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment